Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  'Sparks' Album Discussion  ~  Interesting Song Idea...

dc493
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote
So I was listening to "Half-Life" and there is currently a little thunderstorm outside with some rainfall. So I had a curious thought "What if Imogen performed a song to a storm?"

I think it'd be pretty darn amazing. I don't know about you, but rainfall and light thunder really gives me a fuzzy feeling. Sparks will fly when two forces of nature clash Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Miel
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:27 am Reply with quote
I think an nature enviro-area based song would be swell Very Happy

JESUS IS THE NEW BLACK, AUU
Lil_G135
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Honestly when listening to Ellipse in the car, "The Fire" sounds like rain to me Razz I had been driving at night and kept hearing "drops of rain" but saw no rain. Then the piano kicked in Lo

But yeah, rain is always nice in the background for me. I already do it to some of her songs with rainy mood Very Happy (I recommend listening with the DC improv and Canvas)
Miel
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Lil_G135 wrote:
Honestly when listening to Ellipse in the car, "The Fire" sounds like rain to me Razz I had been driving at night and kept hearing "drops of rain" but saw no rain. Then the piano kicked in Lo

But yeah, rain is always nice in the background for me. I already do it to some of her songs with rainy mood Very Happy (I recommend listening with the DC improv and Canvas)

Oh, most definitely. The DC improv is very thematic.

JESUS IS THE NEW BLACK, AUU
yummytea
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I also think a thunderstorm song sounds like a good idea!

On the topic of rainy songs, there's Frou Frou's "Old Piano" which I think has the sound of rain in the background.

At the end of the day, its just at the price of a cup of tea and it lasts you a lifetime. You know, a cup of tea goes and it comes out at the other end by the end of the day, but a piece of music stays with you for the whole of your life!