Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  'Sparks' Album Discussion  ~  Propeller Seeds on Amazon

DavidB
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Propeller Seeds is now available on Amazon (US and UK, at least). Probably also iTunes, but I haven't checked.

I expected the song itself to be on Amazon, but I am pleased to see that the commentary by Immi and Nick and the 'unplugged' version of Lifeline are also available as separate downloads, all at 89p each (in UK).
JACellist
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Really? The US Amazon and iTunes only has the single available for download. I would have thought they would keep the other two tracks exclusive to the website package deal.
DavidB
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I was a bit surprised myself, but they are definitely on UK Amazon - see the 'unplugged' Lifeline here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_7_20?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=imogen+heap+lifeline&sprefix=imogen+heap+lifeline

As it is more expensive to buy them as separate downloads from Amazon (and I don't think you can get the video or the 3dicd) there is still an incentive to buy them from the website, but a lot of people (myself included) are wary about buying from unfamiliar websites.

Added: I just noticed when I checked the Amazon UK site that none of the tracks are actually available for download until 22 July. It also looks as if the 3 tracks will be available as an 'album' for only 1.99.

Added on Wednesday: it looks as if the single track is available now, but the 'album' is not available until Friday.