Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  'Sparks' Album Discussion  ~  Video of "Lifeline"

Ambrosia
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Blog post by Jade Davies of Pub Studio, who painted Immi white, then black for the video shoot for "Lifeline."

http://jadedaviesdesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/imogen-heap-meeting-working-with-her-on.html#comment-form

Quote:

" It all came about after I watched one of Imogen's live video blogs recently and heard how she wanted a wooden floor in her new video, so I emailed her & suggested the studio that my partner (John Spence) runs - 'The Pub Studio'. Consequently, she decided to shoot the video at the studio, and also came across John & I's work - asking us to be involved creatively. Imogen also decided she wanted to be body painted for the video after seeing John's personal project 'Paint It Black'. "
unfolias
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote
very interesting! thanks
Ambrosia
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Immi is live-blogging on Ustream at the moment... Because the package is still not available on her site (they are working frantically to make this happen and now predicting success by tomorrow) -- Immi decided to try to give the Ustream viewers a sneak preview of the video. Technical difficulties,but the team is working on getting it working... maybe they will be able to premiere it in a few minutes?

http://www.ustream.tv/heapsong1
Ambrosia
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Anyone who is reading this real-time, they will now try it on her mini-site for heapsong1:

http://heapsong1.imogenheap.com/

Instructions are to mute Immi's stream to avoid a double-audio echo effect.
Ambrosia
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
It worked -- video for "Lifeline" is striking and awesome. Brilliant work, to all who were involved.

Presumably tonight's live blog with the video sneak preview will still be up and viewable on her site and/or on Ustream for awhile. (links above)
Hitch
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
It was played through Tom's ustream box, so we'll see whether it gets posted or not. But it was amazing! I thought it was a really nice almost-throwback to Hide and Seek, but in a different form. Smile

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote
Finally got to see this on YouTube (since the one with the bundle seems a bit bungled at the moment) and I have to say it's UTTERLY brilliant. Knowing all the things that worked against it (time, changing lyrics, avoiding shots of Immi's bum, etc.) I think it's one of her best.

It's such a simple thing in concept and I think it conveys the meaning of the song so well. I think it's really beautifully shot too. I love the subtle shifts betweens the different environments. It's too bad we didn't get to see more of "dark Immi" in it because of the change to the middle 8 but I'm glad we got a sneak peek!

There's something about the concept of Imogen herself being the sort of... conduit... for all these various ideas and media and art to shine through on...

Well, it's pretty much perfect for the song, right?

Miel
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I think it's great.

The simplicity of conveying the projections through Imogen was great!

JESUS IS THE NEW BLACK, AUU