Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  'Sparks' Album Discussion  ~  Release Question...

FamilyValues
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:06 am Reply with quote
So, will "Lifeline" be available on iTunes on the 28th? Or will we have to wait bit longer?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:00 am Reply with quote
Yes, I believe she said it will be on iTunes internationally and her website on the 28th, while other retailers will follow afterwards. I know she mentioned that there will be some stuff available for purchase from the website that won't be available from iTunes but I can't quite remember specifics at the moment. Potentially Tim Exile's remix?
AutomaticTLC
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm bouncing up and down, waiting for this to go live! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FamilyValues
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
Okay, today's the 28th. Still can't find the single on iTunes. Any idea where I can purchase it?

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:59 am Reply with quote
Nowhere to be seen it seems. I think they may have missed the Itunes boat for Monday in the US. Guess it will be available on Tuesday everywhere, at least I hope. I still haven't heard it. Confused

That party should have been called the PRE-release party. Razz
Perhaps there should be another proper release party tomorrow/today/Tuesday where everyone else is invited too? Laughing
JonWes
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:47 am Reply with quote
Imogen tweeted an hour or so ago and said video and song will be released tomorrow. Sad I didn't get to see the release video as I was at work. So I can't wait for tomorrow!

joeyschenning
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Mar 2011 Posts: 12 Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
A recent tweet said that the iTunes version will be released later today (no specific time), with the other versions to follow.

Can't wait!!
slowdive1
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:25 am Reply with quote
As I know many of us downloaded "Lifeline" via iTunes today --What are your thoughts on the finished product, especially those of us who've watched/heard its transformation?
allflavors
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:40 am Reply with quote
wuuuuuuua where else can i buy it, i dont have an us itunes account since im not from the us Sad
Ambrosia
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 am Reply with quote
Not sure where to buy it other than itunes, but you can listen to it on CulturePop:

http://culturepop.me/new-music-alert-imogen-heap-heapsong-1-lifeline/

Scroll down and listen to the first embedded audio file, just above the "LIFELINE" logo.

I followed this awesome project day-by-day and found it exhilarating and inspiring. Really loving the song. Downloaded it today and can't stop listening. Magic.

*** WELL DONE, IMMI AND TEAM !!! ***

Incredible achievement, IMO.
Senescence
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote
Just bought it on the french itunes store first thing in the morning !

i LOOOOOOOVE it

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 am Reply with quote
I love the song. The vocals and the lyrics are beyond amazing. Also, all of the sounds were incorporated so naturally. Immi is nothing short of a genius.

Although I wish the song had more pronounced and powerful drums (at least near the ending).
The last chorus feels incomplete - like some additional layers were meant to be there, but were accidentally left out. I had a feeling like after the bridge the song was going to explode (you know, like the character from the song gets an adrenaline rush or something like this) and make my heart race. But it never did... Sad
That's just my opinion though.
I did say that I love the song....
James
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
Admin Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Posts: 2187 Location: Birmingham, England
The song is on iTunes now and we should have the bundles up with the b-sides available from Immi's site later today - these are hi-res mp3s & Apple & FLAC lossless, so if you want b-sides, video and better quality audio - come back to ih.com later!

Wild Child II
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
James wrote:
The song is on iTunes now and we should have the bundles up with the b-sides available from Immi's site later today - these are hi-res mp3s & Apple & FLAC lossless, so if you want b-sides, video and better quality audio - come back to ih.com later!

It's so easy to click "buy" on iTunes but I've been resisting for those lossless files! Mr. Green

James
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Plus the b-sides are pretty cool, esp the commentary track with Immi talking about the sounds! And you'll get the video in the bundle too Smile

Benjamin
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Really hope the pack is put up to buy soon on the site because the song doesn't seem to be on the Canadian iTunes.
James
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Benjamin wrote:
Really hope the pack is put up to buy soon on the site because the song doesn't seem to be on the Canadian iTunes.

We're working as fast as we can - the wait will be worth it!! Smile

DavidB
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Things I love about it:

1. The piano motif. Perfectly simple and simply perfect.

2. The main verse melody.

3. The 'teaspoon' passage before the chorus, which builds up great momentum.

4. The lyrics to verse 2, which I find very moving.

5. The Marxophone.

6. The middle-8. Yay for key changes!

7. The chorus bass line.

8. The witty and ingenious way the sound seeds are used.

Things I'm not so sure about:

1. The chorus melody. OK, it's very catchy, but isn't it a little bit too....pop?? It could even be the chorus to a commercial top ten single - and maybe it will be! Which is good for Immi business-wise, but artistically?

2. Some of the chorus lyrics are a bit weak, e.g. the ending 'keep breathing' is an anti-climax. (But the same could be said about some of her other lyrics, e.g. Speeding Cars: 'you know I love you yeah..' - not exactly Shakespeare, is it?)

But these are minor reservations about an astonishing achievement.
Senescence
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
As Ashesborn said, there's probably missing in the end of the song somewhere ! i can feel that too ! I'm still expecting something when it finishes !
But i REALLY think it's an amazing song !
It feels like the good old immi is back, the one before ellipse ... i love that ! i could totally forget the whole ellipse with an album filled with songs like Lifeline !

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I am dyyyyyyyyying to download the full bundle package. I keep staring at the iTunes page thinking to myself "don't click buy, don't click buy, don't click buy..just wait!" Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
star-dogged
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I really wish this was available somewhere I could actually buy from. Amazon and iTunes are off limits since it's not available here 8( The song's amazing though <3

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
star-dogged wrote:
I really wish this was available somewhere I could actually buy from. Amazon and iTunes are off limits since it's not available here 8( The song's amazing though <3

be sure and check immi's website tomorrow (03/31), because the video/song bundle should be ready for download then, as well as the different quality versions of the song itself. hopefully that'll provide an option for purchase that bypasses itunes and amazon.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
lovehound wrote:
star-dogged wrote:

be sure and check immi's website tomorrow (03/31), because the video/song bundle should be ready for download then, as well as the different quality versions of the song itself. hopefully that'll provide an option for purchase that bypasses itunes and amazon.

Hopefully! 8D

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote
Looks like tomorrow now. What were the reasons behind the delay? I didn't get to see the Ustream and I never saw whether they just posted the video from that UStream.

AutomaticTLC
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
JonWes wrote:
Looks like tomorrow now. What were the reasons behind the delay? I didn't get to see the Ustream and I never saw whether they just posted the video from that UStream.
Immi said on the Ustream that it was almost ready for upload but then the people working on the project had to go home (I'm guessing she just meant that their shift for the day was over) and that it'd be up on the 31st. Then, it wasn't up on the 31st, and now it's officially 6:08PM GMT on the 1st and still no sign of it. Sad

I hope Immi isn't playing an April Fools joke on us. Sad
DavidB
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote
For people who don't have or want an iTunes account, but can't bear to wait for the full package to appear on this site, Lifeline (just the song) is now available to download from Amazon US, Amazon UK, and possibly other Amazons. I haven't checked other digital outlets, but if it's on Amazon I would expect them all to have it before long.
JonWes
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:57 am Reply with quote
Immi said it's not going to be up today either. Sounds like something with the distribution service. Who knows. She sounds as frustrated as we are. I purchased the iTunes single days ago but I still plan to get all the goodies straight from her too.