Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  'Sparks' Album Discussion  ~  Question about crowd-sourced project

rahrahmaybe
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:17 am Reply with quote
What is the best way to record something to submit to the crowd-sourced project Imogen is going to be doing?

I want to participate, but don't know the best way to go about it. Like for the first day of the project is to send in different sounds. The example given was your cat purring. So if you wanted to send in a clip of your cat purring, what would be the best way to record it? I assume not everyone has cool gear like Immi to record things. Wouldn't it be cool if we did though?!!

Thanks!

Sarah Smile
Energy
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry things should become clearer closer to the time. Smile I think the team is currently very busy prepping for the event.

As for recording sounds, it can be difficult to do a decent recording. I used to rely on my minidisc, but nowadays everything is set for playing and not recording. There are some mic apps for iphones and stuff, but obviously you're not going to be able to capture sounds that are anywhere near close to what you'd get if you had a digital recorder.

They may offer tips, will have to wait and see!

Over there stands my angry angel...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rahrahmaybe
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote
Okay! I will stay tuned for more info and hopefully some tips. My mind has been spinning with possible sounds to capture. Smile

I am super excited about this! I became a Immi fan in the last six months so totally missed out on all of the Ellipse fun. I seem to have a habit of discovering an artist I love and can't get enough of, after they get done touring in my area. I think I have made up for lost time. I seriously can not get enough of all things Immi. I've watched the making of Ellipse about 5 times now. It's insane!! Smile
dazzle
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quote
Energy wrote:
Don't worry things should become clearer closer to the time. Smile I think the team is currently very busy prepping for the event.

As for recording sounds, it can be difficult to do a decent recording. I used to rely on my minidisc, but nowadays everything is set for playing and not recording. There are some mic apps for iphones and stuff, but obviously you're not going to be able to capture sounds that are anywhere near close to what you'd get if you had a digital recorder.

They may offer tips, will have to wait and see!

Thank you for writing this! I've been a pit perplexed as to how I was going to record random sounds. Yeah, you are right, I'm sure they will give suggestions, like the Love The Earth project. Very Happy
James
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote
Admin Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Posts: 2187 Location: Birmingham, England
How you record stuff is upto you, but there will be a special Soundcloud page for you to upload content to at specific times around the clock on 14 March - lots of planning going on - more news soon!

rahrahmaybe
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:30 am Reply with quote
Thanks James! Very Happy
Wild Child II
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote
There is an 'Ellipse' and a 'Speak For Yourself' discussion section. Should there be one for this new album? (Even though it's about three years away.) I'm quite excited about this brilliant heapsong dealio. Definitely going to be contributing in some way!

DavidB
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
The info about timing seems confusing if not contradictory. The webpage says uploading from just after midnight and all day long (on Monday), with Immi online at specified times, but her recent Tweet says uploading only at those specified times.
unfolias
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote
DavidB wrote:
The info about timing seems confusing if not contradictory. The webpage says uploading from just after midnight and all day long (on Monday), with Immi online at specified times, but her recent Tweet says uploading only at those specified times.

uhm. it would be great if we could upload after midnight. i can't be online at those hours :\
ISN'T ANYONE EXCITED MUCH?
berae11x2
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:43 am Reply with quote
Yes I am!!!!! Came on here to look for others excited too since no one else I know is a fan of Immi's. I am super pumped and will be online at one of those times tomorrow!