Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  'Ellipse' Discussion  ~  The Mystery Man Behind Ellipse

Duudeitscap
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
Imogen always has the best lyrics. I think that is one of the reasons I fell in love with her and her music. It seems to me that half the songs on Ellipse are about the same man, one that is very close to her and is a part of her daily life, who she loves, but who doesn't feel the same. WHO IS IT?! Any ideas? I wondered if it could be Guy Sigsworth or Tim Exile, but I'm not sure. I'd LOVE to hear other ideas.

Note: Swoon, Half Life, and Tidal are the main three that focus on this mystery man!
xelwooodx
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jun 2007 Posts: 501 Location: somewhere in the central line.
Duudeitscap wrote:
Imogen always has the best lyrics. I think that is one of the reasons I fell in love with her and her music. It seems to me that half the songs on Ellipse are about the same man, one that is very close to her and is a part of her daily life, who she loves, but who doesn't feel the same. WHO IS IT?! Any ideas? I wondered if it could be Guy Sigsworth or Tim Exile, but I'm not sure. I'd LOVE to hear other ideas.

Note: Swoon, Half Life, and Tidal are the main three that focus on this mystery man!

i know for sure its not tim exile or guy, guy is married! and.. tim.. well.. not him :/ hahahaha

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
at the nyc concert immi announced that the guy that swoon was written about was there in the room. maybe jeff goldblum...? tiger woods?
EmmaRose
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:34 am Reply with quote
^ Ah, interesting.

For no particular reason, I was starting to wonder if it was Chris from IAMX.

Well, okay, for a small and stupid reason. Whilst listening to my iPod on shuffle, it played "Tidal" and "Think of England" back to back. Suddenly "Do it for England," and "I can't think of England right now," seemed to be in conversation with each other. Laughing
shh
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:24 am Reply with quote
maybe

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
I don't want to know ...
Because these songs are about me, about you all, and about everybody ...
Even though they mean something to her ... i think they are made for us to transpose it to our very own histories ...
If i knew, that would break everything for me ...

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote
xelwooodx: Just because Guy is married doesn't mean it can't be him Wink and yeah, Tim, was a long shot. Hahaha. I talked to him after the DC show, though, before I met Immi and I can certainly see how someone could fall in love with him! He's cuuute!

Kindalbert: That's interesting! Haha Tiger Woods, nice.

EmmaRose: That actually is a good candidate! And that's weird about your iPod! Maybe!

Senescence: I can understand what you mean. However, I love interpreting songs and it makes me love the song more if I understand where the artist was coming from when he/she wrote it. I can relate to almost every song on the album, and that's a beautiful thing. But since I'm such an obsessive Immi fan (guilty:), I like to guess who she's in love with!

In Earth, to me it seems like it was written about a younger, less mature person in the industry who she has taken under her wing. And who has all the sudden thought he/she was some hot s**t. So my first guess was Landon Pigg!
TómasAlexander
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Nov 2009 Posts: 331 Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
See I always thought Earth was written to "Mankind in General" from the point of view of Mother Earth. "Caught first glimmers in Hides and Skins..." "Act like you own the place when really you've only just arrived.." (technically in the history of the world, man is a VERY recent arrival) "These Legoland empires choking out mine now you're everywhere everywhere multiplying around me, Child." "This rock can't tolerate anymore..." All these lines seem to come from Mother Earth, directed to her upstart children: Human beings.

http://twitter.com/Tomskander
Duudeitscap
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:46 am Reply with quote
Wow, I am blown away. That makes complete sense. It just gave me a whole new appreciation for the song. Thanks for giving your interpetations Smile

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
at the nyc concert immi announced that the guy that swoon was written about was there in the room.

If you mean the concert that was on Billboard TV, I don't think she said that, but I can't check now, as I don't think it is currently available.
juliannarox
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote
i was thinking either Guy Sigsworth, Chris Corner (IAMX), Tim Exile, BackTednTed, Jeff Beck (but hes married to Sandra Beck so maybe not).

i shouldnt think Jeff Goldblum, they 2 already dated, did they not?

hmm, maybe its Richie Mills again? but then again, already dated.

i woudnt blame her for liking Chris, hes such a cutie and is loaded with talent! and they are both crazy! and hes single now is he not? he and Sue Denim arent together anymore, are they?
but i dont think so

or it could be Shlomo, the beat-boxer! she performed at Glastonbury with him (i was there).
or maybe Jarvis Cocker? he was at Glasto also and was at the Shlomo thing?

or it could be Mika? they both did a collaboration, and didnt she say he burst into her house requesting they did a duet? lolz

or maybe its not even a celebrity hahaha! it could be anybody! even a fan whos a friend!

im not sure i really wanna know, but i just wanted to guess. its a shame that this dude doesnt feel the same way about her and how she liking him almost broke up their friendship (she said in an interview with Q). shame Sad

http://twitter.com/ImmiHeapFan
http://www.youtube.com/user/juliannarox?feature=mhw4
TómasAlexander
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Duudeitscap wrote:
Wow, I am blown away. That makes complete sense. It just gave me a whole new appreciation for the song. Thanks for giving your interpetations Smile

You're welcome. That's just my interpretation but it makes sense to me. Its one of my favorites on the new record. I have been trying to wrap my brain around how she could even conceive of a song like that. And then putting it together.... I am humbled by her with every new listen.

James
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Admin Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Posts: 2187 Location: Birmingham, England
It's ME Wink

shh
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:51 am Reply with quote
really?

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:10 pm Reply with quote
None of our business, I suppose, but from the various clues she has given it must be someone who has been a close friend for several years, someone who is not married or otherwise partnered, and who probably lives in England (because she has mentioned that she finally made her pass at him while on the London Tube). I think that rules out most of the people already mentioned. From reading her iBlog I have a guess at his identity, but I'm not going to say!
shh
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 am Reply with quote
is not for sure that you know. so you dont know

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:09 am Reply with quote
That was kind of harsh. He's allowed to have a guess.

Swizzlestick
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Senescence wrote:
I don't want to know ...
Because these songs are about me, about you all, and about everybody ...
Even though they mean something to her ... i think they are made for us to transpose it to our very own histories ...
If i knew, that would break everything for me ...

AGREED!!