Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  iCollaborations  ~  Eric Whitacre + Imogen Heap= The greatest Musical baby EVER!

SpiderTodd
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:00 am Reply with quote
Ok so I really did not know where to post this. It's not really G.D. b/c it mentions Immi so here it is. I was reading an interview with Eric Whitacre (my all time fav. composer) and I about died when I read this part :

"WMG: Did it ever cross your mind to collaborate with mainstream musicians?

EW: ALL THE TIME. I dream of working with Sting, or Peter Gabriel, or Bjork, or Radiohead, or Imogen Heap... the list is a mile long. "

HAHA!!! OMG!! That would be great!!!

I really love his work b/c its so beautiful. And I really do think that with a little bit of immi magic they could take over the world Very Happy
SO I just wanted to mention what I saw.

My apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Link--> http://www.wikimusicguide.com/Exclusive_Interview_with_Eric_Whitacre
shh
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:41 am Reply with quote
cool

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Mar 2008 Posts: 1746 Location: The world in my head.
This is actually brilliant. I'm not aware of Eric Whitacre myself but I'll look into his work when I get the chance.

Thanks for sharing this. Very Happy

Check out my new blog: http://www.whispersofsilverinstance.tumblr.com
SpiderTodd
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quote
No problem. Yeah Eric Whitacres work is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! He's mostly chior, but he does concert band work too. And seeing as I'm a bandy in high school and college I am facinated with his work. So when I was reading the interview I was like holy cow he likes Bjork and Imogen Heap!!!! YAY!!!!! I think that if he were to do something with Immi it would be pure genious. And let me just say he is not afraid of dabbling with electronics. If you would like check out his facebook page or Youtube "Paradise Lost" to see his Epic trance opera Wink

Some suggested pieces for listening to his work: Lux Arumque, Water nights and October. All are beautiful:D
shh
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:38 am Reply with quote
let's just hope

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:52 am Reply with quote
I've sung Eric Whitacre songs in my university choir (his Three Flower Songs: "I Hide Myself", "With a Lily in Your Hand", and "Go, Lovely Rose"... the second being my personal fave!), a few years ago. His harmonies can be very lovely, and certainly would work well with Imogen Heap's harmonic tendencies. How nice of him to say such a thing!
emkappel
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:32 am Reply with quote
I think this would be the most amazing collaboration yet! Eric is a wonderful musician as well as immi, and I think anything they'd put together would be absolutely beautiful! Very Happy Mr. Green

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
If you like the music of Eric Whitacre, or want to give it a try, he has a new album out called 'Light & Gold'. Like most of his work, it is mainly choral, though some tracks also have orchestral backing. I don't notice any great change in style, but when your music is as good as this who cares? The album is over an hour long, and costs only about 7 ($10) as a download, so you won't get much better value than this!
michaelmaclauchlan
Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I learned of EWs music from the BBC or NPR - don't recall just a few weeks ago. Here are two versions of the song in rotation in my I-pod. Warning - its not your rockin' 128 bmp, but it still might move you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs

and this gem version by Melody Myers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qhPqnTu-LU
funkyspunky871
Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh my... God. I can't imagine. It really would be a "musical baby!" Very Happy Eric Whitacre and Imogen Heap. It gives me chills. Lol. Oh please, somebody tell Mrs. Heap to take him up on that offer!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emkappel
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Just a little sidenote on this topic: Guy Sigsworth and Eric Whitacre are collaborating!
Quote:
Guy was my guest at High Table tonight in Cambridge, and we had some pretty thrilling conversations about a piece(s) on which were going to collaborate.

This makes me a very happy camper with an eager set of ears! The only question is when will the piece(s) be released/premiered?

Very Happy