Imogen Heap - iBabble Forum Index

<  Tour Talk  ~  Toronto show

seltivo
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I was planning on going to the Toronto concert on the 26th. According to the website, it's not sold out yet. But when I go to the ticket selling website, it can't find tickets... is that normal?

Is the show sold out but they haven't updated it yet or something? please say it isn't so... I've been waiting so long for this...
xelwooodx
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jun 2007 Posts: 501 Location: somewhere in the central line.
seltivo wrote:
I was planning on going to the Toronto concert on the 26th. According to the website, it's not sold out yet. But when I go to the ticket selling website, it can't find tickets... is that normal?

Is the show sold out but they haven't updated it yet or something? please say it isn't so... I've been waiting so long for this...

i have a ticket that i wont use, i could sell it, but it would have to be express delivery now, i guess.. (:

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
xelwooodx wrote:
seltivo wrote:

i have a ticket that i wont use, i could sell it, but it would have to be express delivery now, i guess.. (:

If I can't get one, I might end up taking you up on that offer...
we will see...

just out of curiosity, what seat is it?
xelwooodx
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jun 2007 Posts: 501 Location: somewhere in the central line.
seltivo wrote:
xelwooodx wrote:
seltivo wrote:

we will see...

Row g, left orchesta

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 am Reply with quote
Admin Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Posts: 2187 Location: Birmingham, England
seltivo wrote:

Try calling the venue directly, there were literally 15 tickets left as of yesterday...

seltivo
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
xelwooodx wrote:
seltivo wrote:
xelwooodx wrote:
seltivo wrote:

we will see...

Row g, left orchesta

I got in touch with the ticket selling people. Turns out the remaining tickets are being "held by another party." looks like I will be buying your ticket Smile how would you like to sell it? (where?)
EmmaRose
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:13 am Reply with quote
One more sleep! Whee!

*hops from foot to foot*
Roxanne6423
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:34 am Reply with quote
I just got back from the Toronto show.
AMAZING!!! She did so well and looked great in her sparkly leggings.
She took some of the songs I wasn't really into (Like Aha!) from Eclipse and made them sooo great!

I got perturbed though because the girl behind me kept talking to her friend during the songs and was singing along a lot of the time. I understand the urge to sing along, but you have to restrain it, its distracting.
michael_hanley
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 18 Feb 2006 Posts: 27 Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Did you stay to meet Imogen after the show?
Security a great job of telling everyone she was not coming out and to go.

Even the young lady at the merch table denied an appearance, but sure enough she did come out to shake hands, pose and say hi.

I am amazed at how down to earth she is considering her star is rising.

thanks Immi, it was a great show.
Michael in Mississauga.
DavidB
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote
There is a blog review of the Toronto show here:
http://www.ianborges.com/archives/315
EmmaRose
Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote
She was amazing and generous and lovely and omigod she sounds divine. I was enthralled (as was the entire audience from what I could tell!)

Roxanne, I can totally empathize. The guy behind me sang the entire way through Hide'n'Seek. I tried shooting him dirty looks, but I don't think he cared. I coulda cried!

So tragic that the merch sold out. I wanted T-shirts bad!! I really hope they will be being sold through the website & she'd best make extras for April.

xoxo
ER
SteveD
Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quote
Great show last night in Toronto. I found the acoustics in the QE Theatre to be quite good.

Both Back Ted N Ted and Tim Exile were enjoyable. I thought Back Ted N Ted (Ryan) had a great voice, and Tim's live sampling was quite interesting. Good cello player too. I would have liked to see some more creative use of the lights with Tim Exile's set as I think that would have enhanced the show further.

Imogen was great, what a fantastic voice and engaging personality! I thought the live version of Swoon was better than the album version.

I had a similar experience as some of the other posters as the people behind me were a bit noisy, but they did get quieter after the opening acts when Imogen took to the stage (thankfully). The audience was certainly very enthusiastic.

Too bad most of the merchandise was sold out. No wonder when CD's were priced at $5 or $10. That's more than reasonable!
Ken's_Odyssey
Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote
A super show start to finish. I’m glad she chose the QE Theatre (over for example Massey Hall). It’s true that Massey Hall has a kind of legacy or history going for it but the seating/viewing is lousy in the upper balconies. It's my own fault I never order quite early enough! The balcony in the new QE is not exactly a balcony at all. It’s only a tiny rise above orchestra seating -- much better. Anyway enough about that. Loved the concert.
SteveD
Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote
Massey Hall would not have been available as Steely Dan was playing the second of two Toronto concerts there that night. The person I went to Imogen's concert with had been at Massey Hall the previous night for the Aja SD concert (apparently it was great, but I've seen SD several times), and also commented that QE Theatre was superior in both seating and acoustics to Massey Hall. Although Massey Hall has some sort of excluisve cachet; I have not always had good experiences there. I have even been in the front row at Massey Hall and a) it was too loud, and b) the view was occluded, even from where I was in the front row! I have been in the QE building at the CNE a number of times before, but not since its renovation.

Here are some links to videos shot at the Toronto concert:

Tim Exile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z45XErEz4Gk

Headlock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TycegnDxWIE

The moment I said it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFSsrjlkDXA

Bad Body Double
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgBd16akYa8

Hide and Seek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olr6wAjAjyY

I find that YouTube concert videos are not all that representative of the actual experience of going to a concert (for one thing, the sound is always much inferior to the actual event). But I do like watching them, and appreciate the efforts of the folks posting them.
Ken's_Odyssey
Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Hi Steve

Yes, I noticed Steely Dan had a gig at Massey Hall but we had the better concert and the better venue, no question. Mind you I would have been happy to have seen Immi anywhere…Nov 26 was my first time. Have you seen her before?
PS Thanks for the links.
SteveD
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Ken's_Odyssey wrote:
Nov 26 was my first time. Have you seen her before?

That was the first time I had seen her perform also. 6 weeks ago I had never even heard of her, and in the last few weeks I have tried to hear and/or purchase almost all her material. I can't believe the diverse range of musical styles her work encompasses! I like ALL of it Smile

Steve