<  iNspired  ~  "Speaking For Ourselves" - I Need Your Help! All O

MizukiLives
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote
detailfreak wrote:
oooh can i help with the design?

Definately, what where you thinking?

Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Theres no money to made from this either, thats not what im after, it will be a free download with all the aforementioned contents

Haha.... I didn't even think about that... Laughing

Quote:
...tide them over a little til Ellipse is upon us

Are you sure that everything will be finished before the release of 'Ellipse'?
MizukiLives
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
AshesBorn wrote:
Quote:
Theres no money to made from this either, thats not what im after, it will be a free download with all the aforementioned contents

Haha.... I didn't even think about that... Laughing

Quote:
...tide them over a little til Ellipse is upon us

Are you sure that everything will be finished before the release of 'Ellipse'?

Well if it continues at this rate, I don't see why it couldn't be done by August, but if it does take longer then thats fine, I dont want to rush it. But. How good would it be to release it on the same day as Ellipse? Hmm...

Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
The case is that this project needs 7+ more people, and you can't be sure that you'll be able to find them so quickly. Smile But I hope that you'll succeed.
I am still working on Closing In, sounds good so far, but I'm not sure about the tempo, it goes well with the song, but at the same time (with vocals on top) sounds a bit off. Maybe I'll leave it like that, it makes some parts sound a little different. Still need to balance the instruments and their volumes.
MizukiLives
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
AshesBorn wrote:
The case is that this project needs 7+ more people, and you can't be sure that you'll be able to find them so quickly. Smile But I hope that you'll succeed.
I am still working on Closing In, sounds good so far, but I'm not sure about the tempo, it goes well with the song, but at the same time (with vocals on top) sounds a bit off. Maybe I'll leave it like that, it makes some parts sound a little different. Still need to balance the instruments and their volumes.

Other than here, i've been scouring the depths of youtube for some fine talent and i'l probably stick this up on another forum that might have interest if theres any you could reccomend?

Closing In has always been wierd for timing, but it works, sounds like your making good progress Smile

Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Have you already PM-d Fabler (aka VanNisje on youtube)? I think he's great. Some of his works:
Dear Miss Heap - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jM7AOiC30
The Song That Never Was - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWfyLMkOtQ

ApollosChildMusic (I think he has the same nickname on the forum) is VERY good too. You can listen to his covers on his youtube account.

jdjusticeTV is also worth considering. His take on H&S is amazing.

JonathanChristopherC also made an amazing cover of H&S.

And another one by emiliabeth.
MizukiLives
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
AshesBorn wrote:
Have you already PM-d Fabler (aka VanNisje on youtube)? I think he's great. Some of his works:
Dear Miss Heap - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jM7AOiC30
The Song That Never Was - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWfyLMkOtQ

ApollosChildMusic (I think he has the same nickname on the forum) is VERY good too. You can listen to his covers on his youtube account.

jdjusticeTV is also worth considering. His take on H&S is amazing.

JonathanChristopherC also made an amazing cover of H&S.

And another one by emiliabeth.

Good stuff man, I've gotten in touch with those folk, just got to see if they reply Smile

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Hey thanks for PM-ing me! I just have to point out that I think this is a fantastic idea! A great way to bring all of Immi's together for a personal project. I'm sure she'd love to hear the outcome. I'm honored that you asked me to do "Headlock", though I must admit I'm terrified at giving it a try. As many of you might know by now, "Headlock" has always been one of my favorite tracks from SFY. To give it a try myself would be like changing something I'd already consider to be perfect. But after lots of consideration I'm willing to at least give it a try.

I love the bassline Immi has used for "Headlock" so I was wondering if I took a couple of sound bits from the uMyx version and mix it into mine? Otherwise my version will be a total change from the original and I'm not sure if that's even close to likeable hehe. Anyway, be looking forward to hearing from you! Again, great idea!

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Fabler wrote:
Hey thanks for PM-ing me! I just have to point out that I think this is a fantastic idea! A great way to bring all of Immi's together for a personal project. I'm sure she'd love to hear the outcome. I'm honored that you asked me to do "Headlock", though I must admit I'm terrified at giving it a try. As many of you might know by now, "Headlock" has always been one of my favorite tracks from SFY. To give it a try myself would be like changing something I'd already consider to be perfect. But after lots of consideration I'm willing to at least give it a try.

I love the bassline Immi has used for "Headlock" so I was wondering if I took a couple of sound bits from the uMyx version and mix it into mine? Otherwise my version will be a total change from the original and I'm not sure if that's even close to likeable hehe. Anyway, be looking forward to hearing from you! Again, great idea!

Haha, i get what you mean, trying to do something you look up to so much can be mega daunting but I reckon you can do it justice Smile If you think you need to merge in a little of the original then go for it, so long as its not just a karaoke result Razz

I tried so hard to get that U-MYX pack but it was gone by the time I got working internet Sad You should send me it sometime Smile Anyhow, can't wait to hear what you come up with, keep me posted on your progress Smile

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I feel like my version of Closing In is a little bit empty in the verses... hmmmmm... maybe some flute on the background???

*Just some of my thoughts* Very Happy
MizukiLives
Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote
AshesBorn wrote:
I feel like my version of Closing In is a little bit empty in the verses... hmmmmm... maybe some flute on the background???

Imagining flutes over the original is soothing yet dramatic, get them in there Smile

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
AshesBorn wrote:

seriously looking forward to hearing a demo or something? feel free to call me an idiot but I never knew you were into producing or anything. seriously, my msn add's vannis_je@live.nl, you should send me stuff I'm seriously curious!Very Happy damn this project's got me all exited:P

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I think I might do Speeding Cars, that way I can participate but still leave all the album tracks for you guys.

Plus I'm thinking I could change the mood of it a bit, make it a bit more happy go lucky, a bit more redemption little less comdemnation and such, not to detract from the original of course, more giving it a different coat to wear Smile

How are your covers coming along guys?

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I wanna try Goodnight and Go.

----------------

----------------
Now playing: Imogen Heap - Clear the Area
via FoxyTunes
MizukiLives
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
SpiderTodd wrote:

----------------

----------------
via FoxyTunes

Cool, what are you gonna do with it, any ideas?

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
MizukiLives wrote:
SpiderTodd wrote:

----------------

----------------
via FoxyTunes

IDK yet lol. After A while I started thinking it would be easier to do Just for now. Would there be any interjections to me switching please? If so I'll just think of something amazing to do with it lol.

Oh p.s I really must give warning to the fact that I really can't sing lol. It really sucks too b/c I really wanna be able to sing my own songs lol but I'll give it a shot for immi and you guys lol.
SpiderTodd
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:08 pm Reply with quote
OH and I just read up top can I please also help with artwork design and promotion? It would be great practice lol.
AvantGuy
Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Have any S4Y remixers thought about doing a surround mix? I'm sitting in piles of cardboard cartons packing for my 700 miles (1,125 km) move to upstate NY, but as soon as I get my studio set up again I plan to do a surround mix of TSTNW. I usually think 4 or 8 channels, but this will be a 5.1 surround. I can't wait to get started!

I know this S4Y group compilation would be a stereo release, but mixing a surround down to stereo is usually a cakewalk (similar issues to doing a mono foldown from stereo - watch out for phase cancellation).
ApollosChild
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I would love to help in any fashion that I can.

<3
Aloiv
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Damn, haven't been on these boards in a while... ironic the person pulling me back to them is this guy ApollosChild above me >.>

He wants me to participate as well, and I would think sure why not. I love to do one of Immi's songs :3
MizukiLives
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote
SpiderTodd wrote:
MizukiLives wrote:
SpiderTodd wrote:

----------------

----------------
via FoxyTunes

IDK yet lol. After A while I started thinking it would be easier to do Just for now. Would there be any interjections to me switching please? If so I'll just think of something amazing to do with it lol.

Oh p.s I really must give warning to the fact that I really can't sing lol. It really sucks too b/c I really wanna be able to sing my own songs lol but I'll give it a shot for immi and you guys lol.

I messaged someone about doing JFN on youtube, but I haven't heard from them in a while, got any ideas for it? If you don't think your singing is up to par then try the vocal line with an instrument maybe? I don't doubt that you'd give it your all but if the singing is off it might upset the mood of the song a bit. Give it a go though, i'll listen to whatever you come up with, maybe your a better singer than you think Smile

Let me know what you are thinking art-wise too, see what we can come up with (Y)

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
ApollosChild wrote:
I would love to help in any fashion that I can.

<3

Fantastic, what one do you think your gonna go for?

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote
Aloiv wrote:
Damn, haven't been on these boards in a while... ironic the person pulling me back to them is this guy ApollosChild above me >.>

He wants me to participate as well, and I would think sure why not. I love to do one of Immi's songs :3

A good reason to come back i'd say Smile

What song were you thinking of?

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
MizukiLives wrote:
SpiderTodd wrote:
MizukiLives wrote:
SpiderTodd wrote:

----------------

----------------
via FoxyTunes

I messaged someone about doing JFN on youtube, but I haven't heard from them in a while, got any ideas for it? If you don't think your singing is up to par then try the vocal line with an instrument maybe? I don't doubt that you'd give it your all but if the singing is off it might upset the mood of the song a bit. Give it a go though, i'll listen to whatever you come up with, maybe your a better singer than you think Smile

Let me know what you are thinking art-wise too, see what we can come up with (Y)

Hey I'm afraid I cant do the music part Sad Due to school and work now. But I would still like to help with art.
MizukiLives
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
SpiderTodd wrote:
MizukiLives wrote:
SpiderTodd wrote:
MizukiLives wrote:
SpiderTodd wrote:

----------------

----------------
via FoxyTunes

Hey I'm afraid I cant do the music part Sad Due to school and work now. But I would still like to help with art.

Aw, well at least post/mail your art ideas so I can have a look Smile

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
MizukiLives wrote:
Aloiv wrote:

Well, I'd either want to do The Walk since, hands down, its my favorite song from S4Y or Clear the Area, since I might be able to come up with something really fierce and interesting for that one :O
Fabler
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:16 am Reply with quote
Damn, I've made about three versions of Headlock so far! It's like none of them is good enough to be called an alternate version of the song:P It's much harder than I thought:$ how's everyone else doing???

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote
Fabler
I took a little break. Can't really do anything till I record the vocals.
MizukiLives
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Aloiv wrote:
MizukiLives wrote:
Aloiv wrote:

Well, I'd either want to do The Walk since, hands down, its my favorite song from S4Y or Clear the Area, since I might be able to come up with something really fierce and interesting for that one :O

Haha ditto, its fantastic, i think Underdissolution expressed an interest but I havent heard back so it couldn't hurt to give it a go. But, nobody else has mentioned doing Clear The Area and "fierce and interesting" sounds very enticing. Hmm.

Any chance you could give both a go? Then whichever is better can go on the album, or both if they're as good as the other. Clear The Area hasn't been requested so far and I wouldn't want it to go uncovered. But The Walk is my favourite and I want to be sure that its done. What do you say? Smile

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Fabler wrote:
Damn, I've made about three versions of Headlock so far! It's like none of them is good enough to be called an alternate version of the song:P It's much harder than I thought:$ how's everyone else doing???

Send some or all of them to speakingforourselves@gmail.com so I can have a listen, give you an outsiders perspective Smile